Gluten Free Recipes and DIY ideas fashioned by a Brunette.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gluten Free + Dairy free Chocolate chip, Toffee Cookies


 I wanted to make some super yummy cookies for my co-workers but was tired of the basic chocolate chip cookie. So I pulled out my recipe binder and I found this recipe in my binder that my Dad put together for me full of a compilation of old recipes. The recipe I have is not gluten free or dairy free but I substituted a few items and changed up a few measurements and produced some amazing chewy+salty+sweet cookies! Hope you enjoy! PS- I bought the chevron paper treat sacks at Typo!

Gluten free chocolate chip, toffee cookie recipe:
Original recipe from martha stewart (Although, I did change a few things about this recipe to make it gluten free) 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 & 1/3 cup Earth Balance Vegan buttery sticks at Room temperature 
  • 1 & 1/2 cups light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon real vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour- Trader Joe's brand 
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 12 ounces or 1 bag of Trader Joe's dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips 
  • 3/4 bag of Heath toffee bits 




Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit 

Step 1: In a large bowl, combine your room temperature butter with brown sugar and regular sugar and beat until mixture is fluffy.
Step 2: Add vanilla and egg to the butter and sugar mixture, beating until well combined.
In a separate bowl mix together GF flour, baking soda and salt.
Step 3: Slowly add your flour mixture to your butter mixture, mixing well until both mixtures are completely combined.
Step 4: Stir in chocolate chips and heath toffee bits.
Step 5: Scoop out large table spoons of dough onto parchment paper or foil lined baking sheets. Be sure to place heaps of cookie dough at least 2 &1/2 inches apart. Bake until they just begin to brown. (16-20 minutes) They may not look or feel finished but I promise once you take them out and let them cool, they will slightly harden into a gooey & chewy, delicious cookie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meet the Brunette Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.

© The Brunette Bible, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena