Gluten Free Recipes and DIY ideas fashioned by a Brunette.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DIY Glitzy perfume stand

In my bathroom I have shelving over my toilet where I keep my perfume bottles hidden in a basket. I have simple taste and like my bottles hidden so it doesn't look too busy in my bathroom; but over time I have gotten annoyed with my perfume bottles being in my basket because I can never see which ones I have, and if I'm ever in a rush I can't easily grab a bottle to spritz and go. So I wanted to make a bold and fabulous perfume stand and after playing around I crafted this super easy to make perfume stand which could also be used as a cake or dessert stand for a party too and everyone whose seen it just loves it so I thought I would share it with you. Have fun and enjoy :)



Supplies Needed:
  • Clear glass dinner plate [I bought mine at Dollar Tree for $1]
  • Clear glass taper candle holder [I bought mine at Dollar Tree for $1]
  • A jar of glossy Mod Podge
  • One foam paint brush
  • E-6000 glue (not pictured)
  • A covered surface (use newspaper or a large trash bag)
Directions:
Step 1: Place your plate face down on your covered surface. Using the foam brush paint the Mod Podge onto the entire back of your plate, be sure to not miss any areas or crevices.

Step 2: After you have covered the entire back side of your plate with Mod Podge, pour your glitter all over the back of the plate. Be sure to not miss any spots! Leave the glittered plate to sit for 15 minutes. 

Step 3: Using your foam brush, paint the entire outside of your candle holder with Mod Podge, ensuring not to miss any spots. Then cover the entire outside with glitter; you may have to pick this up and spin it around so you don't miss any spots on the outside. Leave the glittered candle stick to sit for 15 minutes. 

Step 4: After you have let your glittered plate and candle holder sit for 15 minutes, carefully pick them up and lightly shake so the excess glitter falls off onto your covered surface. Once all your excess glitter has been removed, use your foam brush and paint Mod Podge glue over the glitter layer that's on your plate and do the same to your candle taper holder. Be sure to cover all of the glitter with the Mod Podge on both the plate and candle holder. Let the painted plate and candle holder sit overnight or 8 hours to dry. Don't worry this will dry, I promise! 
   

After your 8 hours has passed you will find that the glue has dried clear and your glitter does not fall all over the place on both the plate and candle holder. The Mod Podge has sealed everything together and created a more finished surface over the glue.

Step 5: Keeping your plate face down locate where the center of your plate is. The plate I used came with an intricate design in the glass and had a circle in the center, so this made it easy for me to find. Remembering or marking where the center of your plate is, squeeze E-6000 glue onto the entire top rim of the top of your candle holder, once you have covered the entire top rim flip your candle holder over and apply it to the back center of your glittered plate. Press the candle holder down, sealing the glue. Carefully flip the glued together plate and candle holder over, be sure to hold both the plate and candle holder in place. You want it to dry together with the heavier plate on top so they will stick together. Let it sit for 4 hours (or until glue is dry). 
 


 & Now you have made your own Glitzy Perfume Stand!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meet the Brunette Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.

© The Brunette Bible, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena